Monday, 14 September 2015

This is Not a Test: Buzzkill Complete

Buzzkill's arm revision and paint went pretty well.  I didn't drench her face in blood because it was a bit too over the top and in order to pull off the goggles keeping eyes clean effect I'd have to dirty up the goggles.  The reflection I managed on the goggles is rather dubious so I think any spatter would damage the effect even further.  I gave her an orange saw because Husqvarna is my favorite.  I worked with a husky pretty similar to the one Buzzkill has in miniature.  I painted white streaks in her hair as a nod to 80's WASP (I think I mentioned something about that in the WIP post).  I plan to seal the model soon and then hit her vinyl outfit and goggles with a high gloss.




I think the effects I was happiest with were the wash nylons with holes and the spatter of blood on her limbs.  Good result or bad Buzzkill's face was fun to paint.  I have been very impressed by the character and quality of the Dark Sword miniatures that I have been painting recently.  I find that the pre cast cuts and joins don't fit together very well though.  

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job. Love the fun in this paint job. Laughed at the butt check X's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mini - I think you've definitely achieved what you were after at the outset.
    She looks great!

    ReplyDelete