TNT: Lucifer. Give. Me. STRENGTH!!


I should have had a completed war band for This is Not a Test a long time ago.  I painted the first model for my Takers raiders back in 2015, and the delays are getting to the point that I'm looking at the oldest models and wondering if I should strip them and start again because I don't feel the paint quality is at the same standard as more recent additions.  It's nice that I can look at my work across the span of a few years and say, "Hey I'm getting better", but it's not conducive to getting shit done.  TNT encourages you to use any models that you think are cool and I may have taken that a little far.  My intention is to get the Takers finished soon.  They are officially on notice and fast-tracked for completion; At least as fast as my track will allow for.  Hopefully a shuffle of leadership without our raider gang will expedite matters

After botching her tats on the first paint I almost left her "naked".

Anna the Bonecrusher was sculpted by Brother Vinni.  Most of his lady sculpts are, "risque" and I find the slave ones plain vile.  I could forgave figure's nakedness because she doesn't look like a victim.  Anna looks like a badass got naked because that's her bag.  I doubt it's practical but show me much that was in The Road Warrior.  I think she is an awesome fit for my TNT war band.  I picked her up at least a year ago but had a horrible painting accident with the figure's tattoos.  I'd painted the skin completely then botched the ink hard.  Frustrated with my blowout I turfed the model into the tray of shame and forgot about it until earlier this month.

Adding ink didn't make her less naked but it did break up the full on nudity quite a bit.



Pretty early on in the painting process (the second time around) I was quite taken with the figure.  I ended up demoting Head Taker to goon status, rather than de facto leader.  My old story had been that he was a brute that Diamond Steve ran the Takers through as a power behind the throne.  I didn't have to to reinvent my story completely;  It was just a matter of moving it forward a bit to where Megan usurped control.  

 
Ready for badassery

Megan is clear indicator that I've been spending a lot of time getting sucked into the world of the Walking Dead.  It came from lamenting the crappy club she had that seemed a lack luster weapon for my number one guy.  I started thinking about it as a good luck charm and shortly Anna became Megan and Lucifer became her new best friend. 

The warband to date.  Diamond Steve is pissed.
 

 

Comments

  1. A wonderful gang, although I wouldn't want to cross them much less meet them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would get along fine with them Bryan; They are actually quite nice folks. Except for Diamond Steve. He's a douche.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Micheal. The big regret is not getting it together faster.

      Delete
  3. That's one nasty looking band of raiders. Got any planes for future recruits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to get some paint on a couple Mad Puppet figures, a TGG/Raging Heroes Jailbird Sniper and a Malifaux figure to finish up. I actually started looking at the points total for a starter war band, and I'm on my way over cost.

      Delete
    2. still, doesn't hurt to have some new recruits in the wings as future back up.

      Delete
    3. For sure! I have been picky about the models for the project so I'm always looking for minis that fit with the others.

      Delete
  4. Great looking band dude. I have this figure as well. I really like the tats on yours. Somethinh I may go back and do on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. Whatever you do with the tats don't be like me and have a plan going in. Repainting after having everything together sucks!

      Delete

Post a Comment